About the Academy
Landau Forte Academy Greenacres, Tamworth is the second primary Academy to open within the Trust family. The Academy, previously known as Greenacres Primary School, opened in September 2013.
We have high aspirations for our children as they progress through their primary education, by the time they move on to secondary education it is our ambition they:
- Are developing the ability to think logically and approach situations with an open and inquiring mind.
- Becoming confident independent learners who have developed effective habits for learning who are able to work successfully with other people.
- Have discovered and are developing their personal strengths, aptitudes and interests.
- Are responsible and respected young people.
- Are well prepared, ready and excited about progressing into secondary education.
The Academy stands in attractive surroundings on the eastern periphery of Tamworth. It is on the edge of Amington village behind St Edithas ‘the village church’. It serves an area of town bounded by the rural Warwickshire border to the east, Amington Village to the west and Woodlands Road to the south. To the north a new estate, ‘Amington Fields’ is completed. This is bordered by a main railway line and open country. The Coventry Canal runs fairly close to the school.
The Academy works collaboratively with other neighbouring Primary and secondary schools playing its role in endeavouring to secure high quality education for all children.
Although the Academy is part of the state funded system of education it is owned and operated as an independent educational organisation by the Trust, providing free full time education for children aged from 4 – 11. Annual recurrent funding is received directly into the Trust from the national Education Funding Agency.
Ethos and culture
- Student learning, attainment, achievement and well being are at the centre of strategic thinking, planning and actions.
- A ‘can do’ attitude is actively promoted and prevalent throughout the Academy.
- There is a culture of success where achievement is rewarded and celebrated.
- Underpinned by high aspirations and ambition for both students and staff there is an expectation for everyone to be determined and have a desire and commitment to continuously improve.
- The independent status of the Academy is fully embraced to encourage self confidence, a pro-active approach and taking responsibility for one’s own actions whilst enabling rapid and appropriate response to changing circumstances.
About the Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust was established in 1989 and now operates 6 Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands. Our education model and over 20 years of experience operating an innovative and forward thinking educational organisation has become the DNA from which more Landau Forte Academies have been developed.
We are passionate about educating children across the 4 – 19 age range. It is our intention to make a positive difference to the lives of young people with the ambition of securing the best education possible for them.
For more information about the Trust and our academies, we encourage you to visit the Landau Forte Charitable Trust website.
Contact details for the Trust can be found at the end of the Academy's Contact page.
Annual Report & Accounts
Scheme of Delegation
Directors and Trustees
|Peter Cox||Chair of Trustees|
|Martin Landau||President of the Trust, Principal Founding Sponsor, and Member|
|The Hon Mrs Olga Polizzi, CBE||Member|
|The Hon Sir Rocco Forte||Founding Sponsor, Member|