If you are receiving some kind of income support, credit or benefit then your child could be eligible for a free meal allowance every day. You can register your child for a free meal allowance if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Eligible for Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and the household income (as used by HMRC to access tax credits) is not more than £16,190. Please note: anyone eligible for Working Tax Credit, or if you have a partner and they receive it, regardless of income, you will not qualify.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- In receipt of the 4 week run on of working tax credit (this is where someone becomes unemployed or reduces their hours and so is no longer entitled to working tax credit but will continue to receive it for a further 4 weeks and is entitled to free meals during that time).
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned household income of no more than £7,400 as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods). Your net earned income is your household income after taxes and deductions and does not include income from Universal Credit or any other benefits you may receive.
If you would like to register your child for a free meal allowance please read the information sheet below and apply online using the following link:-
The claim is totally confidential and will not affect any other benefits you may be receiving.