Children should normally be aged between 4 and 5 years old on the 1 September in the year of entry. Applications for a place at the Academy must be made via the Local Authority in which you live. For most applicants this will be to Staffordshire County Council.
Here is our latest admissions procedure documentation. A brief overview of the admissions process can be found below.
When should I apply?
- Applications are open from 1st November.
- The closing date for applications is 15 January the following year.
How do I apply?
You can apply online via the Council’s website: Online Application Form
You can complete a paper form and post it to the Council: Paper Application Form
If you have any questions about your application please contact the Council’s Customer Contact Centre on 0300 111 8007or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I find more information about the allocation of school places?
- Full details are available on the Council’s website: Allocation of Places
- If you are applying for a place in Reception all relevant information can be found in the Primary Information for Parents Booklet.
- Paper copies of the information booklets are available on request by calling 0300 111 8007.
Will I be automatically sent the relevant information?
- If your child attends a maintained nursery setting at a Staffordshire Primary School you should receive a letter detailing how and when to apply.
- If you have already expressed an interest in a particular school they should send you the relevant information.
- Please be aware that expressing an interest at a school does not constitute an application and you must apply online, by phone, or by using the paper application form.
- If the above does not apply to you, you will need to request the information be sent out.